Of the two genders, women get the most pressure from society to meet to unrealistic expectations of physical beauty. That is one of the reason that women benefit most from being a naturist but it is also why they have the hardest time trying naturism. For a woman, the idea of being nude in a social setting is fraught with fears related to a lifetime of sexual objectification and subconscious attacks on their self-esteem.
In this episode, we explore how women in naturism overcame some of these barriers and what they get out of living a naturist life. We also review strategies for convincing someone to try naturism.
To summarize the strategies presented:
- Review your own motivation
- Be open and confident about naturism
- Be sympathetic and understanding
- Try a therapeutic approach
- Be patient
- Be very careful of the first experience & praise gently
Links to items mentioned in the show:
- CBC (Outfront has been canceled and the show "What not to wear" is no longer available.)
- University of Western Ontario Women's Studies
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
- Stina Sieg
- Gymnophobia - Expisode XIV
- Why Clothing-Optional doesn't work – Episode VIII